What is HIV?
HIV is a virus that is caused when you have some physical relations with someone who is infected or by blood-to-blood contact. Before the creation of anti-bodies in our body to fight the virus, this virus us known as acute H-I-V or acute retroviral syndrome or primary HIV infection. At this stage, the virus is spreading at a very fast rate. It is impossible for our immune system to fight off this virus and at a point; it completely defeats our immune system leaving us prone to other diseases and infections. This stage is known as stage 3 H-I-V or AIDS.
At its early stages HIV shows no symptoms, however after a couple of months, the infected will begin to feel tiredness, headache, enlarged lymph nodes and fever. However, these symptoms do not stay for more than month, which is why it is very hard to catch because these symptoms are often taken very lightly. At this point of the infection, the virus is present in your semen, vaginal fluids and blood in very high quantity and thus makes people very infectious. In adults, the more serious symptoms like extreme weight loss, extreme fatigue, high fevers and night sweats appear usually after 10 years or more. However, in children born with the infection these symptoms appear within 2 years because of the weak body and immune system.
HIV is a very dangerous virus and what makes it even more dangerous is the fact that it still does not have a proper treatment or cure. Having sex without protection or sharing injection needles are the main causes of being infected by H-I-V. It is suggested to everyone between the age of 13-64 years to get tested for H-I-V regularly. Catching HIV in its early stages can save your life. If mother has HIV during pregnancy or breast-feeding, the baby also becomes infected with H-I-V. It is recommended to check for H-I-V before conception of a baby.
It is very hard to catch HIV in its very early stages. A blood sample is taken to check for anti-bodies that are produced by our body to fight the virus. The anti-bodies that fight the H-I-V virus are produced in high amounts after 6 months of the infection and that is when they show up in our blood test. That is why it is recommended to get a HIV test every 6 months to catch the virus in its initial stages.
Researches have made drugs to fight HIV and its associated diseases and cancer. If it is detected in its early stages then the use of these drugs can drastically improve the quality of your life and can add more years to it. These have also decreased the number of deaths by H-I-V in USA. However, if these are used for a long time they can have serious side effects. It is important to consult your doctor about these side effects before starting the treatment.
Natural Cures For Prostate Cancer
- Ginger is a powerful herb and its roots posses certain antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. When consumed on a regular basis, it inhibits the proliferation of cancerous cells and thus helps in treating prostate cancer.
- Taking ginger is also good for patients who are undergoing chemotherapy. Ginger can help them in reducing the side effects of chemotherapy such as vomiting and nausea.
- You can either drink its raw juice or mix it with honey to make it sweet.
- Tomatoes contain an active ingredient known as lycopene which is a strong antioxidant. This ingredient helps in preventing the occurrence and spread of cancer.
- You can either eat raw tomatoes or take processed tomatoes in the form of ketchup, tomato soups or spaghetti sauce.
- Scientific researchers have proved the fact that pomegranate helps in curing prostate cancer. It also offers overall prevention against cancer.
- The contents of pomegranate slow down and inhibit the spread of cancerous cells. Taking pomegranate juice on a daily basis can help in curing prostate cancer.
4. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds work as a diuretic and are effective in curing a wide range of diseases affecting the prostate gland and urinary bladder.
- Pumpkin seeds contain lots of zinc content which helps in strengthening the immunity system of our body. This in turn aids in recovering from prostate cancer.
- You can remove the shells of these seeds and eat them raw. Alternatively, you can make a tea of these seeds. For making the tea you need peel and squeeze the seeds before boiling them in water. Take this solution on a daily basis in order to heal all your prostate related issue
- Pumpkin seeds tea also helps in detoxifying your body.
5. Soy Foods
- Soy foods contain an active ingredient known as phytoestrogens that inhibits the secretion of testosterone. This restricts the blood flow in the area of prostate gland and thus it inhibits the growth of cancerous cells.
- It is a very effective home remedy that can definitely help in recovering from prostate cancer. Hence, include lot of soy products in your diet.
6. Vitamin D
- It has been scientifically proven that presence of ample vitamin D can help in preventing the occurrence of prostate cancer. It not only prevents but also helps in curing prostate cancer.
- Fortified cereals and cold water fish are some of the best sources of vitamin D. Sufficient sunlight exposure can also assist in building up ample vitamin D in your body. Alternatively, you can resort to vitamin D3 supplements.
7. Green Tea
Green tea is a popular herb that has several curing properties. It also helps in recovering from prostate cancer.
- Green tea contains an active ingredient known as polyphenols that stop the growth and multiplication of cancerous cells. Polyphenols also have the potential to kill the existing cancer cells.
- In Japan where green tea is a staple drink the instances of prostate cancer are 67% less than that of America.
8. Omega3 Fatty Acids
Omega3 fatty acids are quite effective in inhibiting the growth of prostate cancer.
- Regular consumption of foodstuffs like flax seeds and fatty fishes that contain high levels of omega3 fatty acids can reduce the effect of prostate cancer.
- Fish oil supplements are also a good source of omega3 fatty acids.
9. Things To Avoid
You should cut down all sorts of processed foodstuffs. Reduce the level of carbohydrates from your overall diet and add more fruits and green vegetables. Avoid taking alcohol.
Are you concerned about successful treatment of your prostate cancer? Start with these home remedies that are excellent in promoting a speedy recovery from prostate cancer.