Mouth soreness is the cause of severe pain. It is called mouth ulcer. The grayish and white pit with red halos produces burning pain and shallow soreness. It is called canker sores. The majority of the people have these sores on tongue, cheeks, gums, bottom lips, inside cheeks and other areas of oral cavity. It produces problems in swallowing and eating. Tangling sensation and burning feel in the mouth are the major signs of the ulcer. It is very important to cure these issues for getting healthy diet. The normal duration of the mouth ulcer is one week or ten days.
There are three types of ulcers as per the information of Must 4 care:
It is very common and usual in eighty percent of people. The healing time of this type of ulcer is seven to ten days. The pain and inflammation is at peak at 5th day.
It is very rare form of ulcer that is found in ten percent people. The majority of the people suffer pain and inflammation due to sores in mouth. It is called aphthous ulceration. It forms a large ulcer and is extremely painful.
Due to herpes either oral or genital people suffer this type of ulcer. It is very much rare. Women are the victim of this disorder as compared to men.
Causes of Ulcer
- Underlying disease conditions
- Skin disease
- Hormonal imbalance
- Accidental bites in cheek and mouth
- Food allergies
- Deficiencies in iron, vitamin C, vitamin B12
- Unhygienic dental conditions
There are some other reasons behind these disorders. Poor oral hygiene is the common issue in all patients of mouth ulcer. Not only poor oral hygiene is harmful but poor diet especially substandard food. Due to spicy food you may suffer mouth ulcer. It is painful for the majority.
Remedies for Mouth Ulcer
- Chew Basil leaves for getting rid of ulcer. It is a wonderful way to get rid of the inflammation of the soreness in the mouth.
- Gargle with coconut milk. It is incredible for drying the sores in the moth. It gives relief from pain of swelling. Try to use fresh milk always.
- Boil coriander leaves and keep the water for some time to get cool. Now gargle with this water daily. It will keep the sores and infection reduces.
- Fenugreek water is good for the treatment of these sores. It is perfect for killing the germs easily. It decreases infection.
- For quick results take aloe vera gel and apply it on the sores. It is effective in reducing inflammation immediately.
- Always use soft tooth brush for getting rid of the mouth ulcer. The teeth hygiene is effective in this regard.
- Apply glycrine on the sores with finger. It helps reducing the swelling and burning in the mouth. It is a helpful remedy that makes your eating easy.
- Do not eat spices during mouth ulcer of any type. It heats up stomach that can make situation worse for you.
With the use of the effective doctor consultation you can get rid of mouth ulcer permanently. These remedies are helpful for treating the sores and pain naturally.
Home remedies for mouth ulcers:
Discussed below are some of the natural and simple home remedies for the treatment of canker sores or burning ulcers.
- Coconut milk is a good medicine for ulcers. Extract milk by grating fresh coconut. Now gargle with this coconut milk for about three to four times a day.
- Coriander leaves boiled in water are one simple remedy for mouth ulcers. Let the water cool down and gargle lukewarm water for at least 3-4 times a day and notice better results.
- Gargle with one glass of cold /chilled water and one glass of lukewarm water alternatively. This procedure will cure the mouth ulcers effectively.
- Take one cup of fenugreek leaves and boil them in two cups of water. Strain the water and keep it aside for sometime by covering it with a lid. Gargle this water twice or thrice daily.
- Boil one cup of water and add one teaspoon of coriander seeds in it. After it becomes warn remove it and gargle when the water is slightly warm. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times every day.
- Aloevera is an effective natural remedy for mouth ulcers. Take at least two tablespoons of aloe vera gel thrice daily for quick results.
- Chewing 5 – 6 basil leaves (tulsi leaves) with some water every day will help you in getting rid of mouth ulcers. Repeat this procedure five to six times daily for better results.
- Chew five to six pieces of holy basil leaves and drink some water. Do this for at least 5-6 times whenever you get mouth ulcers.
- Consuming raw tomatoes helps you in getting rid of mouth ulcers. You can even try gargling with tomato juice three to four times every day.
- You can apply the mixture of camphor and sugar candy on the blister. This mixture is made with 7 parts of mishri (sugar candy) and one part of camphor. This is one of the the simplest home remedy for curing mouth ulcers.
- Apply the mixture of turmeric powder and glycerine. To make the mixture, take one pinch of turmeric and one teaspoon of glycerine.
- Take one teaspoon of honey and mix 1/4 teaspoon turmeric to make a paste. Now rub it on the canker sore.
- Eat a banana with curd as the first thing in the morning for better results.
- One of the proven remedy to cure mouth ulcer is to massage the gums in the mouth with a mixture of honey and coconut oil.
- Make a paste of Indian gooseberry and apply it on the sore directly. Repeat this process at least twice a day and notice the quick results.
- Make your own antiseptic mouthwash with ten drops of tea tree oil in 1/3 cup of water. Swish this mouthwash for more than 30 seconds and spit it out. This helps you cure the infection and heals the sore.
- Dissolve half teaspoon salt in one cup of water to make a salt water mouthwash. Now swish this mouthwash for at least 30 seconds, and then spit it out. Also you can gargle with lukewarm salt water for better results.
- Bicarbonate of soda also helps you get rid of these painful sores.
- Dab two drops of tea tree oil directly on the ulcer, doing this will reduce the redness around the sore and also reduces the inflammation caused
- Another quick way of treating mouth ulcer in short duration is by using cranberry juice. Hold the juice in the mouth over the ulcer for better results.
- You can even use plain yogurt to treat these canker sores.
- Eat raw salad with plenty of onions; this will help you make the ulcers disappear.
- Use soft brush to clean your teeth, every morning and night
- In every meal, drink at least one cup of cranberry juice
- Use a straw while drinking cool drinks and chilled water
- Eat comforting foods such as yogurt, ice-cream, and custard. Also try eating relaxing foods like mixed cool fruits custard, ice-cream, etc which help you get rid of burning ulcers
- Keep away from spicy and hot foods
- Try to avoid the intake of beverages and hard foods like coffee, tea
- Avoid the consumption of addictive foods such as alcohol, tobacco etc.
Following the above precautions and natural home remedies will help you get rid of the painful mouth ulcers very quickly and easily.
If you liked this article, please share with your friends and tell us your suggestions and feedback through E-mail or Comments. For more information, keep connect with Must4care.
Must read this also Causes, signs and Treatment of stomach gas