For adults and children ear ache is a painful condition. It is very much common in children because they get infections and cold. These two are main reasons of ear ache. Children are victim of this issue because they have developing immune system. The pain or earache is constant. Usually, it increases or wanes. It may be throbbing pain, burning sensation and dull pain. This problem occurs due to many reasons and these reasons needs to be finished. Must 4 care has given some reasons and remedies for it.
Reasons of ear Pain
Reasons are different in children and adults. In some conditions it affects the ear directly. This pain is severe in kids and they become very disturbed due to it.
- Problems of wisdom tooth
- Joint pain and jaw pain
- Throat infection or due to cold
- Blockages can cause due to the plug of ear wax
- Ear canal injures due to the hard object that poke inside the ear canal. It is harmful for ear drum.
- Due to eczema occurs in ear canal
- If hair follicle or boil develops in the ear it causes infection, pus and pain
- Any type of infection due to any reason
- For ear infection and pain fluid building in the ear is a common reason.
- These infections can disturb ear drum and it produces discomfort in the ear.
These reasons are several and different in people as per age and other factors.
Signs of Ear pain
- Wrong posture for feeding babies such as during lying
- Developing high fever
- Hard tugging, pulling and rubbing in the ear
- Kids seem to be irritable and hot
- Babies may suffer loss of appetite
- Hearing issues
- May suffer balance problem
- Stiff neck, poor responses, tiredness, and others
How to treat Ear Pain?
- Warm Compress
For reducing pain warm compress is the best remedy. It gives relief from pain. It reduces discomfort and inflammation. If you are consulting the doctor you are consulting the doctor you need to use warm comfort for easing the pain.
- Pain killer
Taking Ibuprofen and aspirin are the best remedies. These are the most effective pain killers to kill the pain. It reduces pain, inflammation and discomfort for some time.
- Olive Oil
Pouring few drops of warm olive oil is beneficial. You can use dropper or thin tip bottle for this purpose.
- Mullein flower and Garlic
The mixture of mullein flower oil and garlic oil mixture will help you in getting rid of the pain. It is the best combination to fight against the germs and infectious microbes. Garlic is beneficial for finishing inflammation.
Applying the paste of onion on the outer region of the ear can melt the pus and let it be out. It helps in reducing pain. It decreases the swelling as well.
- Stuffy Nose
Nose congestion or stuffed nose is the reason to increase pain. It is vital to clear the nose. It finishes the pus in the ear and opens the blockage.
There are several home remedies that can cure this problem. These remedies give proper treatment of ear pain.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Painful Ear Ache
It is necessary to seek home remedies that can help to ease the pain. Even if you are consulting a doctor, till the time the right medication is prescribed, there are many effective home remedies that can help to reduce the ear pain. What is more, if there is infection or inflammation, there are simple home ingredients that can be used to control such symptoms.
1. Warm Compress
It has been seen that a warm compress will help to reduce the pain in the ear.
• The heat helps to bring relief
• If there is a swelling it will go down
• If the ear pain is due to cold, it will help to reduce the pain
2. Resort To Pain Medications At Home
If you do not have access to a doctor immediately and the pain is really intense you could:
• Resort to ibuprofen
• Take aspirin or acetaminophen
However, such pain medication should not be given to children below eighteen. For them, it is best to refer to a pediatrician before any kind of medication is given.
3. Olive Oil
It is known that warm olive oil can work wonders for ear pain:
• Warm a few drops of olive oil
• Put in a clean bottle with a narrow tip
• Administer a few drops inside the infected ear
• Plug the ear to allow the oil to work and not come out
4. Clear The Nose
If you have a stuffy nose as well as ear pain, it could be due to the cold. It would help to clear the nose because:
• If the air passageway are cleared then the pressure on the ear canal will reduce
• That will help to ease the pain
5. Use Of Onion
One can use onion as a paste to relive inflammations. If the ear pain is due to a swelling apply:
• A paste of onion powder and water
• Apply the paste on the outer region of the ear to get relief
6. Garlic And Mullein Flower
If you do not have olive oil you can use the following combination:
• Garlic oil and mullein flower oil mixture
• This combination is known to fight microbes that cause disease and can help to reduce inflammation
7. Lavender Oil
If one has outer ear irritation they can apply:
• Lavender oil on the outer ear and rub it in gently
• It works in a soothing manner and can be applied through the day
8. Wiggling The Ears
One can wiggle the ears in the following manner to obtain relief as well as in their children:
• Yawning or wiggling will make the Eustachian tubes pop
• That will relieve the pressure and allow the trapped fluids to drain out
9. Try Steam And Eucalyptus Oil
In order to clear out the fluid that may have accumulated in the nasal passageways and the ear one can opt to:
• Prepare steaming water along with drops of eucalyptus
• Inhale the steam to allow the oil to work on opening up the passageways
10. Increase Vitamin Intake
If the ear pain is due to cold, it is important to supplement one’s diet with:
• Vitamin A
• Vitamin C
• Vitamin E
Even though the effect will be indirect but these will bolster the immune system.
11. Jaw Exercises
One can perform the simple steps to keep the ear canals open:
• Move the jaws up and down rapidly
• Doing this every other day will help to keep the ear canals open.
12. Avoid Putting Anything In The Ear
It is important that one should not put anything into the ear like:
• Sharp objects
• Inserting cotton swabs
• Allowing dirt to enter the ears
Are you suffering from ear pain? If you are suffering from such pain and do not know how to seek relief, you may do so with the above mentioned simple remedies.
If you liked this article, please share with your friends and tell us your suggestions and feedback through E-mail or Comments. For more information, keep connect with Must4care.
Related article How to treat Sinus headache?