The significance of skincare is not ignorable. Skin is vigorous organ because it shows what goes on inside the human body. Skin Care is vital for looking young, fresh and adorable. For a healthy skin, make sure you are drinking enough water and eating healthy food. It is one of the best effective beauty tips. It needs special care as per the types of skin and according to the seasonal effects. Winter needs special care and summer requires something more for skin. However, summer is a lovely period of the year. The warm weather and long days make you energetic. But, scorching heat in plains, humid climate in tropical areas and dry warm air in sandy areas invite blackheads, oily skin, and breakouts. Obviously, extra oil, sweat, humidity and heat can make your skin worse. It can produce acne problem at peak. Tips for glowing skin by Must for care are as:
Tips to care your skin in summer
- Use Sunscreen
The powerful rays of the sun are risky for your skin so, always uses sunscreen. Do not go out without applying it on the bare areas such as face, arms, hands and feet. The best sunscreen contains 30 SPF. It is effective to prevent your skin from sun burning rays. Try to apply sunscreen after every 90 minutes, if you are staying out for long time. Use of sunscreen is vital for fair complexion.
- Skin needs moisture
In the summer, it is obvious that skin moisturizers are essential. Your skin is not dry this time of year as it is in the winter. But, for supporting a healthy skin, you need to moisturize your skin. With consistent use of the aloe vera lotions or gels, you will have a healthy skin. It will keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from skin burn. For providing soothing effects and relief from discomfort, the aloe vera gel is ideal in summer. Moisturizing the skin is the best way to be fair.
- Exfoliate your skin
At least once and ideally twice in a week, exfoliate your skin. A thin layer of dead cells on the upper surface makes it dry, rough and dull. Allow your skin to shine in summer by making it healthier and radiant through exfoliating treatment. It is the methodology that regenerates your skin cells rapidly. Select mild and gentle exfoliator but prefer natural ways to exfoliate your skin. It is one of the simple tips for fair skin.
Do’s and Don’ts in summer for Skincare
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water
- Follow 8×8 rule for drinking water
- Avoid Sun exposure
- Cover your head with cap to make a shed on your face
- Always wash your face and hands after coming from outside
- Eat fresh fruits, vegetables and drink juices for flushing out toxin from body
- Eat food that is rich in vitamin C.
- Maintain the level of minerals in your body for healthy skin
- Prefer a healthy and active lifestyle in lazy days of summer
Few alterations in your skincare regimen assist in controlling all these summer breakouts. It will definitely help you to enjoy a fresh, live and adorable skin. If you get this information helpful, please let us know and tell about your feedback in comments.
Homemade Face Packs for Removing Skin Tan
Let us get to the business end of things now. Here are some face packs that you can prepare yourself at home. Remember, as mentioned before, the ingredients you need are all natural, and won’t cause any side effects. That’s certainly good news. You will also be happy to know that most of these ingredients are available easily.
1. Saffron and Milk Face Pack
Saffron is a common ingredient in Ayurvedic preparations. It has been used for centuries for skin brightening and whitening. Besides, saffron offers plenty of health benefits. For instance, it helps cell formation and repair, works as an antidepressant, minimizes the chance of high blood pressure and heart disease, treats blemishes and acne, and also aids the production of blood cells. Like saffron, milk too offers plenty of benefits. It keeps your bone healthy, helps you beat stress, improves skin complexion, is an excellent cleanser, and shrinks the pores of your skin. So no wonder, a face pack made with saffron and milk is going to be a potent thing. You can easily remove your tan with a pack made with these two.
- Four to five tablespoons of warm milk.
- A few saffron strands.
- Two to three lime juice drops.
- Take the milk in a container and warm it. Heat it up just mildly.
- Now add just a few drops of lime juice to the milk.
- Include the saffron strands into your milk and mix it well.
- You have your pack ready. Now massage this mixture on your face well. The pack should cover your entire face, including the ears and nose as these areas are likely to be tanned too.
- Keep it on your face for five to ten minutes.
- Wash off with cold water after this.
- Apply a moisturizer once you are done.
2. Cucumber and Tomato Face Pack
Cucumber is good to eat and it’s good for the skin. It fights constipation, provides the body a lot of essential fibers and potassium, fights intestinal worms, reduces inflammation, fights cellulite, treats open pores, reduces the skin’s dark circles, and hydrates the skin. Besides, cucumber is widely used for skin brightening and whitening. Tomatoes on the other hand protects us from free radicals, helps in cell repair, gives us glowing skin, treats open pores and acne, and prevents excessive oil production by the skin glands.
You can cut a slice of tomato and rub it directly on your skin. But you will always get better results if you prepare a face pack with your cucumber and tomato and a few other things. A face pack made with cucumber and tomato will thus definitely work for you.
- One tomato.
- A single cucumber.
- Two tablespoons of gram flour.
- One spoon of turmeric.
- One tablespoon of honey.
- One single lemon.
- Half tablespoon of milk curd or milk cream. Go for milk cream if your skin is dry and curd if you have oily skin.
- Slice the tomato. You need two slices to prepare this pack.
- Now grate your tomato and keep it in a bowl.
- Add the milk cream to this tomato.
- Add the turmeric.
- Squeeze the lemon to add three to four drops.
- Add your honey into the mixture.
- Include two tablespoons of gram flour.
- Now mix all these things well to make your pack ready.
- Apply the pack on your neck and face.
- Keep it there for 20 minutes and rinse off.
3. Turmeric and Gram Flour Face Pack
Gram flour is an age-old home remedy from the granny, and for several good reasons. People in India have been using this in their food and applying gram flour on their faces for centuries. However in recent times, it has become popular in the west as well. In fact, many spa and beauty treatments are now using this as a key ingredient. Gram flour or gram flour help you fight several skin problems such as pimples, acne, blemish, dark spots on the skin. It can remove unwanted hair and bring life to dull and lifeless skin. Gram flour is cheap and readily available.
- Take two tablespoons of gram flour.
- One single pinch of turmeric.
- One tablespoon of crushed orange peel.
- Milk – one tablespoon.
- Rose water.
- Pour your gram flour into a bowl.
- Put the turmeric into it.
- Add a single tablespoon of milk and the crushed orange peel to this.
- Now include your rose water. Make sure that this water is cold.
- Mix all these ingredients to create your face pack.
- Wash your face with a mild soap.
- Apply the pack on your cleaned face and allow the pack to dry.
- Keep it for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle rose water on the dried areas.
- Scrub gently to remove your pack after 20 minutes. You should first scrub clockwise and then anti-clockwise.
Apply this face pack every second day. Your tan will go away quickly. You can add a one tablespoon of yogurt or two drops of lemon for even better results. Lemon or yogurt will deep clean your skin pores.
4. Tomato, Yogurt and Lemon Juice Face Pack
The mild bleaching effect of yogurt because of its citric property removes your tan efficiently, keeps the blemishes away, and leaves your skin supple and properly moisturized. Tomato juice on the other hand will lighten your skin naturally. Plus, it’s a good astringent. Tomato juice is a natural toner, and so it will shrink open the pores and reduce oil production from the skin glands. This pack will remove pigmentation and the dark spots from any sun tanned skin.
- Tomato pulp – two tablespoons.
- Lemon juice – one tablespoon.
- A single tablespoon of yogurt.
- Pour the tomato pulp into a bowl.
- Squeeze your lemon to bring out the juice and pour one tablespoon of this into the bowl.
- Finally, add your yogurt into the mix.
- Mix well so that you have a thick pack.
- Now apply this pack on your face and neck and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Check whether it has dried.
- Wash it off with some cold water if it has dried after 30 minutes.
- Rub it gently when you are rinsing off the pack.
- Apply moisturizer.
Warning – The tomato juice can make you feel itchy in the beginning. But don’t touch this. The itchiness will go away soon enough. Also remember, lemon can make your skin sensitive to the Sun’s rays. So avoid going out into the Sun when you have the pack on your face. In fact, it’s best that you remain indoors for at least a couple of hours after washing off the pack.
5. Lemon and Aloe Vera Face Pack
Benefits of Aloe Vera on the skin are well known. In fact, Aloe Vera has been used in cosmetics, medicines, and in different herbal concoctions since the times of the Pharaohs in ancient Egypt. Many ancient Egyptian documents have recorded the use of Aloe Vera in treating skin conditions and many internal disorders. It works very well in removing the skin tan too.
Actually, it is the gel of Aloe Vera from within its long and succulent leaves that makes it such an amazing plant. The gel contains several beneficial compounds such as mannans, lectins, and polysaccharides among others. It comes packed with many vitamins and minerals. The modern cosmetic industry has been using Aloe Vera to remove dark spots and bring back the skin’s luster for the last few decades.
Try a face pack of Aloe Vera and add some lemon to it. Your tanned look will go away in no time at all.
- A little bit of Aloe Vera gel – all you need is two squeezes.
- Two to three drops of lemon.
- Squeeze out the Aloe Vera gel into your palm. You don’t need a bowl to prepare this face pack.
- Now squeeze your lemon. Be careful because you just require two to three drops maximum.
- Now use the fingers of your other hand to mix this and prepare your pack.
- Your pack is ready. Apply this on your face.
- Keep it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with some cold water.
Aloe Vera gel is a very good moisturizer itself. So you don’t need to apply a moisturizer after removing this face pack.
6. Cabbage and Turmeric Anti Tan Face Pack
The health and cleansing abilities of turmeric are well known. But did you know that your cabbage can help you get rid of that tan from the face as well? Yes, it’s a fact that the juice extracted from the everyday cabbage has a lot of phytochemicals and antioxidants and they both can combat the harmful effects of free radicals that cause several skin conditions such as blackheads, acne and pimples. Vitamin C protects your skin from damage. Cabbage juice can also improve the texture and tone of skin. Potassium gives your skin fair complexion. Vitamin A and E makes your skin supple, soft and bright.
- A portion of one raw cabbage.
- One tablespoon of honey.
- One pinch of turmeric.
- You will need a binding medium such as rice flour or gram flour. One tablespoon is enough.
- Cut your raw cabbage into four pieces. You just need one portion to prepare this face pack.
- Now grate this portion into very small pieces.
- Squeeze the lemon and collect a couple of drops into a small container.
- Add the honey.
- Now add the binding agent to this container.
- Mix well to prepare your paste.
- Apply the pack on your neck and face and keep it for 20-25 minutes.
- Rinse off with some cold water.
- Apply moisturizer.
7. Sugar and Lemon Face Pack
Sugar is a very good cleansing agent and so it will surely remove the skin tan from your face. Prepare a face pack with sugar and see the difference it makes. Almost anyone can prepare this great face pack. Add some lemon to this. You will have even better and quicker results.
- White granulated sugar – one tablespoon.
- One single drop of olive oil.
- Two to three drops of lemon juice.
- Pour the white granulated sugar into your palm.
- Add the olive oil. This will wet your sugar.
- Now include three drops of lemon juice to this maximum.
- You can add some glycerin if you have dry skin.
- Mix this gently to prepare your pack.
- It is ready to be applied. Apply this on your face with gentle circular motions. Avoid the eyes. Remember, you should not press hard. The sugar will not work if you do.
- Add one tablespoon of warm water. Your sugar will dissolve if you add more than this.
- Keep this pack for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Gently pat your face to dry. Use a dry and clean towel.
8. Oatmeal and Buttermilk Face Pack
Buttermilk and oatmeal make one fine combo for removing the tan. Just try a face pack with these two. You can rarely find a better homemade natural remedy.
Oatmeal has the best amino acid balance among all cereal grains. It has high silica content. It can restore the skin’s natural moisture because of these two properties. Oats are also hypoallergenic and extremely absorptive. They are able to soothe, soften, exfoliate and cleanse all types of skin very efficiently. People used to know the benefits of oatmeal in ancient Rome and Greece. That’s why they used to have oat-baths there. Buttermilk on the other hand heals blisters and cleans up skin color.
- Oatmeal – two tablespoons.
- Buttermilk – three tablespoons.
- One tablespoon of honey (optional).
- Pour the oatmeal into a container.
- Now add your buttermilk.
- You can include a tablespoon of honey if you want.
- Mix well to create your paste.
- Apply the pack on your face. You can apply this on your arms and legs also.
- Massage gently in circular motions.
- Keep it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Clean it off with cold water.
- Apply moisturizer.
9. Potato Pulp or Juice Face Pack
This one is probably the easiest to prepare and apply. Potato pulp and juice are both age-old home remedies that have given wonderful results. This pack removes blemishes, improves the health of the skin, and lightens up the texture. Apply this pack for a week. The tan will definitely go away. Your skin will be nourished from within, thanks to the presence of Vitamin C. Pulp or juice of potato will remove the dark spots and hyperpigmentation naturally and quickly. Dark circles under the eyes will go away.
- One small potato
- One lemon (optional)
- Peel the potato and grate it into small pieces.
- You can then either create a juice or make a smooth pulp. Both work equally well.
- You can add a couple of drops of lemon juice to this if you want.
- Use a mild soap to properly clean your face.
- Apply directly over your face slowly.
- Keep the pack for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off.
Don’t compromise on your lifestyle. Have a great time in the summer – go on those camping trips, spend hours at the beach, or just laze around in the park. Don’t worry about getting a tan. There are many home remedies that can quickly and efficiently remove skin tan. You will soon get back your original skin color. Try one of the homemade face packs mentioned above. They are all safe and easy to make.