An uncomfortable sensation and irritation on skin can cause itching. It makes a person to scratch any area of the body that gets irritation. It is known as prurient in medical terms. Its obvious signs are red scratches, rashes, bumps and blister. In the night it becomes worst. The reasons behind this issue are different in every person. Chronic disease, dry skin, sun exposure, bites, insect stings and infection are the prime causes of itching. Some of the home remedies for itching are helpful for getting rid of this problem.
How to get rid of itching?
Must4Care suggests you to use natural items rather than chemical made products, these are harmless for our skin.
- Petroleum jelly or vaseline
- Witch hazel
- Milk and honey
- Aloe Vera
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Sesame or Almond oil and Olive
- Essentials oil
- Lemon juice
- Baking soda
Itching is the sign of irritations, it is very important to avoid them due to some factors. If you follow these healthy tips then you will feel yourself healthy and fit. There are some important tips that will help you to get rid of itching.
Tips to use beauty products:
- The strokes of the cream should be applied with your ring finger.
- Start it from the upside of the affected area and rub it in circle.
- Apply it delicately under the chin from the one corner to another.
- Blend it properly that it can absorb in your skin of the neck.
- Eat Balanced Diet
Deficiency of sufficient nutrients is behind the itching in the body. Eat the food that is rich in potassium and vitamins. It will nourish your skin and make you more elegant. This balanced diet is an excellent choice for the ladies who are willing to look unique and different.
- Drink more Water
Itching can be avoided by drinking lots of water. Lack of water is not only the cause of dryness, but it can create the situation of dehydration. The skin elasticity and the shape can be accomplished by drinking much water. It provides the sufficient amount of moisture to your delicate skin. It will help you to get rid of itching.
- Avoid stress
Stress is behind every problem of the body. Avoiding stress is the great support against dull skin, by providing oxygen to rain cells through the stream of blood.
- Avoid Smoking
It is a universal truth that smoking is very harmful for the body and the skin. It is must that you have to avoid smoking. In the result, you will have to face the problem of itching.
It is the best technique that will enhance the pressure of blood on the facial skin. It will give a fresh and lively feel to your skin.
Keep your mind fresh and improve your confidence by keeping trust in you and making calm your mind. If you keep your soul in peace and focus on a point by collecting your thoughts in a way then you will be able to keep yourself peaceful.
Home Remedies For Itching
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda can cleanse the skin. It can be used in different ways to get rid of general and localized itch.
- Add one cup of baking soda to the warm bathing water.
- Soak your body in this water for at least 30 minutes
- Pat dry the skin
- For localized itching, make a paste of the three parts of baking soda with one part of water and apply to the affected area.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice acts as a cleanser and also has antiseptic properties. This can reduce the itching and prevent any infections of the skin.
- Extract the juice from lemon.
- Apply it directly on the affected area.
- If you have scratched the skin this will cause a burning sensation, but it will heal the scratches and scars faster.
3. Essential Oils
The itching of the skin caused by the dryness of the skin and some fungal infections can be easily removed using essential oils. Some of the essential oils such as lavender oil, rosemary oil, basil oil, clove oil, chamomile oil have anti- inflammatory and soothing properties which will alleviate the irritations.
- Add essential oils to the bathing water.
- Instead you can directly apply it on to the skin and wash it off after 30 minutes.
4. Olive, Sesame Or Almond Oil
These oils reduce the dryness of the skin and relieve you from the itch caused by dry and flaky skin. This remedy will be extremely helpful in winter season.
- Heat any of these oils and apply to the whole body or to the particular areas as required.
5. Coconut Oil
This remedy will be extremely useful for night time itch. Coconut oil has antiseptic properties and it also moisturizes the skin.
- Soak your body in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Pat dry the skin and apply a thick layer of coconut oil on the dry skin areas.
- Cover the areas with warm clothes and go to bed
- You will be having an itch free-sleep at night and your skin will look very fresh the next day.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
This remedy can relieve you from itching more effectively.
- Apply vinegar using a cotton ball to the affected areas
- Add 2-3 cups of vinegar in the bathtub and soak your body for 15-20 minutes.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel can moisturize the skin and hydrate it. It will protect your skin from any infections.
- Take the gel out of the fresh leaf of Aloe Vera and apply to the itchy skin
- Let it dry for some time and wash it off with lukewarm water.
8. Honey And Milk
Honey has anti microbial property and milk has anti inflammatory property. Honey and milk moisturizes the skin as well.
- Make a mixture of milk and honey using equal quantities.
- Dip a washcloth in this mixture and apply to the affected areas of the skin.9. Beeswax
This remedy will be very effective for people suffering from itching due to psoriasis or eczema.
- Mix honey, olive oil and melted beeswax.
- Apply this mixture to the itchy areas of the skin when it is warm.
- Repeat the remedy till you get relief from itching.
Mint has anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of menthol in it. Mint also has antiseptic properties
- Boil 1 cup of mint leaves in 2cups of water
- Allow the mixture to cool and strain it
- Apply this mint tea to the affected areas of the skin
The eugenol present in basil has anesthetic properties which help to relieve itching.
- Prepare a brew of the basil leaves and water
- Allow the preparation to cool and apply to the itchy skin
12. Cold Compress
This is an easy way to reduce itching caused by bites or stings
- Apply ice pack or washcloth containing ice to the itchy areas
13. Witch Hazel
This astringent cleanses the skin and reduces itching.
- Boil the bark of witch hazel in water and apply the cold mix to the skin
- You can also use the witch hazel in the astringent form available from drugstore.
Oatmeal works as exfoliate and removes the dead skin cells.
- Add 2 cups of oatmeal to the bath water.
- Soak the body in this water or 15- 30 minutes.
- Wash off with water after rubbing the skin.
15. Vaseline Or Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly helps to prevent itching caused by the dryness of the skin. Vaseline coating helps to hold the moisture within the skin.
- Take a bath in hot water using mild soap.
- When the skin is damp apply the Vaseline.
Are you suffering from any kind of itching sensation? What are you waiting for? Stop scratching and try any of the above given home remedies to get rid of itching. Find out which method will be most suitable for you to get relief from the itch.