baking soda is an alkaline chemical that is highly beneficial for body. It gives relief from several digestive system issues and dental health. It is good for those who have kidney disorders, acidity, and other hypertension issues. It is an important item that is available almost in every kitchen. It leaves magical impact on the body, skin and hair. It is an affordable item that is hundred percent better as compared to other expensive items. It helps you in looking better from head to toe.
Sodium bicarbonate is known as baking soda. It is an alkaline product that is anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties. It is powerful item that has medicinal effects. It is good for oral problems, skin issues and other cold issues. Its excessive use can damage your skin. It can be sensitive to your skin.
Great Benefits of Baking Soda
- Treats Body odor
- Treats Stained and yellow nails
- Improves skin complexion
- Relieves sunburn and sunburn blisters
- Brighten Yellow teeth
- Fights acne and people
- Removes dandruff
- Treats smelly and oily hair
- Treats nail fungus
- Heals skin rashes and itchiness
How Baking Soda treats upset stomach?
- Apple cider vinegar and baking soda for upset stomach
- Peppermint and baking soda for upset stomach
- Baking soda and vinegar for upset stomach
- Warm water and baking soda for upset stomach
- Diluted baking soda for upset stomach
- Baking soda and water for upset stomach
It is an antiseptic product that provides enough relief from many skin issues. It highly effective for getting rid of skin odor, dandruff and other nails issues. It is easy to access and offers shine to your teeth. It is good for oral health.
It is a good mouth wash. Cleaning your mouth with a this soda mixture is an ideal choice for you to keep your breath fresh. It helps in reducing the quantity of bacteria floating inside the mouth. Always select a salt solution or antibacterial mouthwash for rinsing it properly. Avoid those products that are based on alcohol because it damages your oral cavity. Gargle baking soda for making sure that it must be present in the mouth for killing bacteria. It will help you for reducing the formation and growth of bacteria. It is helpful for making your breath fresh. On the other hand, it enhances the freshness of mouth.
Good hygiene is possible due to the perfect hygiene. Baking Soda is the source that provides you a sparkling smile in an innovative way. By practicing good hygiene a person must eat a healthy diet and prevent your teeth from harmful material. A regular and proper preventive care must be done for strong teeth. It needs to be careful while eating things and taking drinks. The carbonated drinks, artificial sweeteners are harmful for teeth. Always clean teeth after eating or drinking sweet items of food. It prevents from cavities. Using hard brush can spoil the natural whiteness of your teeth.
Baking Soda and Water For Upset Stomach
Baking soda easily dissolves in water and intestine is able to absorb it easily and use it for neutralizing the acidity. When baking soda is mixed with water, it helps in carbonation and reduces the bloating feeling by burping.
Diluted Baking Soda for Upset Stomach
- Take 1/2 glass of water and dissolve 1 teaspoon of baking soda in it
- Stir it well till the baking soda gets dissolved in it properly.
- Drink this solution every four hours or according to the severity of the problem
- This solution gives relief from bloating, stomach acid and nausea
- People with high blood pressure or with sodium restricted diet should avoid this remedy. This remedy can cause increased blood pressure in people.
Warm Water And Baking Soda for Upset Stomach
- Take a glass of warm water and add 1 tsp of baking soda in it
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to the water and mix well till the baking soda dissolves
- Drink this solution to get fast relief from upset stomach and sour stomach
- Repeat the process once 3-4 hours if the stomach problem persists
Baking Soda And Vinegar for Upset Stomach
- Take ½ glass of water and mix in ½ teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
- To this mix, add 1 teaspoon of vinegar. You can use apple cider vinegar or plain vinegar
- This mix starts bubbling up and when the bubbles are settled down, drink the mixture
- If the solution is not bubbling up, add some more baking soda and vinegar
- Vinegar and baking soda in the mix reduces acidity and gives effective relief from pain and discomfort caused by indigestion.
- If you do not get relief within 15 minutes, repeat the remedy once again
Lemon and Baking soda for Upset Stomach
- Take 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add ½ teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon honey to the lemon juice
- This mix will start foaming and drink this mix while it is still foaming
- This mixture will help to remove the trapped gases in the stomach by the carbonation process
- This will help in proper digestion and removing stomach pain
Peppermint And Baking Soda for Upset Stomach
- Make a decoction by boiling peppermint in 1cup water
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the decoction when the decoction is still hot
- Mix well to dissolve the soda powder and drink the mix immediately
- You can also add lemon juice to the above mix, if you prefer
- You will find that the symptoms of indigestion are reducing within 15 minutes of consuming the decoction.
Apple Cider Vinegar And Baking Soda for Upset Stomach
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix these in 1 glass of water. Make sure that you are mixing it in a large pitcher as this mix will produce bubbles.
- Add apple cider vinegar slowly to the pitcher to prevent excess bubbling.
- Drink this mix immediately to get rid of an upset stomach, nausea, heartburn and GERD
- To remove the sour taste of the mix, you can eat or suck orange wedges
- Repeat the remedy till you get relief from upset stomach
Baking soda for stomach pain
Upset stomach and acid reflux cause discomfort and pain in the upper abdomen. Baking soda reduces stomach pain neutralizing the excess stomach acid. You can use baking soda dissolved in water in different concentration to remove the problem.
Baking soda in low concentration for stomach pain
If the stomach pain is mild you can use this remedy. This remedy cannot be given to children. The dosage should not be more than 5 teaspoons of baking soda per day.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda and dissolve it in a glass of cold water
- Mix well and consume the solution to cure stomach pain
- This remedy can be used to cure sour stomach and indigestion caused by the acidity of the stomach.
Baking soda in higher concentration for stomach pain
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and mix it in one glass of water
- Drink this solution to cure stomach pain and gas faster
- Use this remedy whenever you are suffering from stomach pain caused by indigestion and acidity.
Baking Soda For Sour Stomach
Sour stomach or indigestion can be treated effectively using baking soda. Try the following:
Method to Get Rid of Sour Stomach
- Take a glass of water
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of baking soda, honey and apple cider vinegar
- Drink this mixture twice a day till you get complete relief from indigestion
The Right Dosage Of Baking Soda For Upset Stomach
It is necessary that you take the right dose of baking soda to cure the upset stomach
- Dosage for adults- Adults can take half to one teaspoon baking soda for every 3-4 hours
- Dosage for children- Children above 6 years can take a quarter to half teaspoon of baking soda
- The baking soda remedies are not advisable children below 6 years
Important Things To Follow While Using Baking Soda As A Cure For Upset Stomach
Follow the below given tips to get complete cure from upset stomach
- Consult the doctor before taking baking soda as a cure, if you are on a sodium restricted diet.
- Baking soda may interact with certain prescription drugs and hence consult the doctor about taking the right dosage
- People with congestive heart problem, kidney damage, calcium absorption problem and liver cirrhosis should avoid taking this remedy for stomach problems
- Breast feeding women and also Pregnant women should either avoid these remedies or consult the doctor before using it.
- While taking the remedy make sure that the baking soda is completely dissolved
- Always keep some pure baking soda at home to prevent stomach related problems
- Repeat the remedy which you find suitable for your problems whenever you are in need.
- You should follow a healthy diet and do regular exercises to avoid the health problem
- Do not eat your food very fast and avoid oily and fatty and spicy foods to avoid upset stomach.
- Try out the different remedies given and select the one which gives faster relief and which providing a soothing effect to your stomach.
Baking soda also used in many other home remedies and have many other topics on Must4care. Please let us know about your feedback about this topic and share with your friends.
Viewers must read this Causes, signs and Treatment of stomach gas